Tuesday, 7 June 2011

John Frieda Sheer Blond Lightening Spray

I bought this a week ago and thought i would give it a try. I mean, its SUN'IN really isn't it and everyone knows that stuff is horrible ... but ... this is actually pretty bloody good!

My hair is light anyway, but i have a lot of gold undertones which means when highlighting my hair it can take a long long time to remove these.

So i was very skeptical about using this thinking "its gonna go gold, its gonna go gold"... but it didn't. It just very lightly lightened my hair.

Its almost a shame i'm having it cut shortly! I will add a link in a video i film today so you can see the gradual lightening effect its had.

I am very very pleased with this product and i honestly didn't think i would be.

Wayne

9 comments:

  1. Can the product only make light hair lighter, or does it also work on darker hair (brown)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've been thinkin' about this spray for my roots(spelling?? haha) so that straight line between highlighted hair and natural hair doesn't appear so harsh.. Do you think it would work? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i use sun in and i find it pretty good, lol. might have to give this a go now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the way, how much is this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to see the video of how your hair turned out. I was a Sun-In fashion victim in high school. My dad used to call me "Black Path" (because of my roots), and my hair isn't even that dark (dark ash blonde!). Sun-In totally turned my hair golden, reddish blonde, though. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use this product and I love it. As I had to learn for some exams lately I didn`t really have time to get my roots done at a salon I'm very impressed by the outcome. In switzerland it costs 16 francs, thats about 18-19 U$.

    ReplyDelete
  7. add the link Dear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a Hairstylist, I probably wouldn't recommend using this product on anyone who is darker than level 7 (blonde). patrons who has natural dark hair like me (level 2) will probably turn out with a redish orange hue. Not cute, unless your want that Hong Kong Look. And I would also imagine it would be a color correction nightmare, when you decide to be over it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I just saw this and..yes, I also bought it like a month ago...I'm naturtally ash blonde but I like to put highlights because ash blonde can be very "sad" in summer...Just one try and I instantly got a lighter color, so natural in my natural hair and my highlights...in fact, I don't think I will go to the salon anymore this summer just because using this product has made my roots so natural that the highlights just appear to be mine ;)
    I tried some other products before (from Loreal I think) and the results were too light or too yellow...but this actually works, it's very subtle..at least in my hair.

    ReplyDelete